Wednesday 9 May 2012

Woah

So, today has been one of those 'woah' days.

I've properly manouvered myself into my (rarely used) exam gear. This means that when I get home, I sit down and do a timed English essay, feel a little bit better, and then spend the rest of my evening in the knowledge that I haven't even considered my other subjects.

On the other hand, however, I have discovered Ainsley Harriot's 'cuppa soups... a warm drink I can actually enjoy. 5 points to Gryffindor.

Now, to the title of my blog,  I'd like to raise an issue about my school.

I've been there for a grand total of 7 years, and generally, it's done me bloody well. There are some truly amazing teachers there, as well as some truly un-amazing ones. Take my English teacher, for example, this morning I arrived at her office for what I understood to be short- favour session in which she'd mark a few of my practice papers and kindly tempt me away from some of my many bad essay habits. What actually happened was something else entirely.

She'd printed me out over 70 pages of helpful exam revision sheets, written me 3 A* example answers, and spent over 2 hours analysing my essays and generally being lovely. She isn't just any old teacher either, she's the DEPUTY HEAD, she's got like, an entire school to run, and stuff. She even spent 10 minutes singing my praises (in what I assume to have been an attempt to boost my confidence for next Wednesday's exam) which made me cry, probably not the intended effect,  but thankfully I don't think she saw (phew).

Then, we have my biology teacher. Don't get me wrong, she's lovely, it's just... okay. I have an exam in less than a week (panic stations), and today, instead of, I don't know... revising? We went outside, with quadrats, and looked at the biodiversity of a tiny, pathetic stretch of grass between a pathway and the Sixth form car park. I don't mean to be unappreicative, but, what? A LEVEL EXAM. Looks like I'm right on target to hit that wonderful 'D' they're predicting me.

It's all in the teaching, I'm telling you.

Hannah





No comments:

Post a Comment